Workshop Title: Express yourself with flowers
Date: Saturday 19th October 2019
Location: Function Room, Cudgegong Valley Motel, 212 Market Street Mudgee
EXPRESS YOURSELF WITH FLOWERS
Learn something new using the medium of your choice, inspired by Mudgee’s gorgeous springtime flowers, and have fun in the process!
Prize-winning watercolour artist Jenny Macnaughton will begin with a demonstration of the steps and techniques for drawing and painting flowers, using a variety of media.
She will then guide you as you create a flower-themed artwork in your medium of choice- acrylics, oils, watercolour, pastels or drawing.
Jenny is highly experienced in teaching and critiquing. She will give one-on-one guidance to help you achieve your goal, whatever your skill level or experience.
All you need is a desire to express yourself artistically, and the determination and commitment to get the most out of the masterclass.
The workshop venue is a nice airy space with lots of light and a lovely view across farm lands to the hills in the north of Mudgee. To maintain a great learning environment, there is a maximum of 18 students.
Workshop fee includes:
• a floral subject or flower arrangement and photo
• watercolour paper
• backing board
• fresh-baked country-style morning and afternoon teas, a light lunch and refreshments
• a shared cheese platter and a glass of wine to end the day as you and your classmates reflect on where your creative journey has led you…
About paint and materials…
Jenny can supply a small watercolour kit: paper, pencil, paint brushes and paint- at an additional cost of $20, payable on the day.
You may bring your own materials if you prefer, including:
• Warm and cool red
• Warm and cool blue
• Warm and cool yellow
If you are planning to paint in oils or other media, please bring your own:
• Grounding (not too large)
• Apron/ clothing protection
All students feel free to bring…
• Your own floral subject matter
• Your own desk-top or free-standing easel
• Your own paint and materials (see above)
Jenny Macnaughton attended Willandra Art School and has been painting in oils and watercolours since 1971. She is an exhibiting member of the Royal Art Society of NSW, City of Ryde Art Society, Drummoyne Municipal Art Society and Bellingen Art Group.
Jenny is a popular demonstrator for art societies and has tutored for the Mitchell School of Arts, Murrumbidgee School of Creative Arts, Grafton Artsfest and Bellingen Camp Creative.
Jenny has exhibited throughout Australia, and has published two books and three DVDs on watercolour painting.
Jenny has won many prizes and awards in metropolitan and regional art shows. Career highlights include:
• Drummoyne Art Award
• Gwydir Art Award
• Singleton Art Prize
• Scone Art Prize, Dorrigo-Bellingen Art Prize
• Warrnambool Rotary Art Prize
• Mudgee Show 2019- First Prize (Watercolour), Champion (Landscape), First Prize (Drawing) and Second Prize (watercolour)
Questions? Please contact us at https://mydreamgarden.com.au/contact/. We’ll reply very soon!